28.06.2014 Regional, Wroclaw (Polen)

Antworten
hsiale
Bürger

28.06.2014 Regional, Wroclaw (Polen)

Beitrag von hsiale » Di 29. Apr 2014, 22:01

The signup for Wroclaw Regional Tournament has just started. You can find all the info here:
http://planszak.pl/pdf/reg_rules_eng.pdf

We play on Saturday, 28.06.2014. The tournament takes place in the gaming pub "Padbar" where we held our Store Championships in March (if you haven't already, you can read a report by Marcel Kraatz here: http://www.netrunners-hq.de/archives/518). I hope this time there will be more German players visiting Wroclaw :)

Some info on getting there: it's very easy. You have to cross the border in Gorlitz (A4 from Dresden) or Forst (A13 and A15 from Berlin) and there's a highway all the way to Wroclaw (it is free to drive). Google Maps says it's 3 hours from Berlin, 2,5 hours from Dresden. There's a regular bus service from Berlin to Wroclaw http://www.polskibus.com, you can buy tickets online, buses leave from Berlin ZOB and Berlin Schonefeld.

I'll try to check this forum more or less once a week, if you have any questions, to get the fastest response please message me at BoardGameGeek (my username is hsiale). I speak a bit German, but feel way more confident when using English ;)

hsiale
Bürger

Re: 28.06.2014 Regional, Wroclaw (Polen)

Beitrag von hsiale » Mi 11. Jun 2014, 16:02

Some extra info about the event:

To sign up: send an e-mail to sklep@planszak.pl containing your names, e-mails and phone numbers (we need the numbers to call you in case something delays you on the way and we need to find out where you are, we will not call you repeatedly later ;) ). The tournament will count towards Polish Netrunner Ranking system, but don't worry, foreign players are welcome in the ranking. Probably none of you is registered there, we will register you. Please let us know if you prefer to not be registered under your real name and in such case provide a fake name you'd like to use so that I don't have to invent it :) If you have no way to do a cheap money transfer to a bank in Poland, please let us know that you will pay at registration so that you can pay the early registration signup fee.

Registration will be open from 10:00 (probably even a bit earlier). We're starting first round at 10:30. We'll try to start a round every 75 minutes (we will use standard, 65 minutes time limit). We expect 6 rounds, the Swiss part of the tournament should end around 18:30 with top 8 double elimination starting shortly afterwards. There will be a lunch break after round 4. In order to make the tournament run smoothly, it will not be long, but you won't have to go anywhere to find a meal. We have an agreement with nearby Yammi Wraps, who will deliver wraps to the tournament venue. A standard wrap (350g) will cost 10zł and will be available in 3 versions incl. 1 vegetarian. If you tend to become very hungry while playing, XXL versions will be available (500g, 15zł) or if this is not enough you can simply order more than one :) You will be able to order food on registration.

Registration: please bring your decklists. If you have won a Store Championships tournament and want to have the Super Bye in the first round, please bring also the winner's certificate. In a few days we'll post a registration card on event website, with place for decklist, lunch choice and all other info we need, if you print it, fill and bring with you, the registration will take you around 10 seconds.

Upstalk probably will not be legal. But we will see, if it arrives in Europe early enough, we will let you know.

We will record some games, we hope to record all of Top 8 games and to cast some of those at the big screen in Padbar for people already eliminated but staying on site.

hsiale
Bürger

Beitrag von hsiale » Do 26. Jun 2014, 21:45

Various further announcements :)

Food and drinks during the tournament

We play in a pub. Please don't bring your own drinks. We will have special lowered price for beer and some non-alcoholic beverages.

On registration everyone can order a dinner. Nearby Yammi Wraps cafe will bring tasty tortilla wraps for you. There are three versions to choose, incl. one vegetarian:
- Dijon (grilled chicken with herbal seasoning, corn, tomatoes, lettuce, onion, mayo-mustard sauce)
- Texas (grilled chicken with spicy seasoning, red beans, corn, lettuce, onion, mayo-BBQ sauce)
- Hot Cheese (grilled camembert, corn, tomatoes, lettuce, pickled cucumber, Tatar sauce, ketchup)
Food will arrive after round 4. We got special prices on it: 10zl for a standard wrap (350g), 15zl for an XXL wrap (500g). If you come with some non-playing company which will get hungry as well, you can also order dinner for them, writing appropriate numbers on the registration card. I tied those wraps and they're really good so they're definitely the best way to go, especially as the dinner break will be enough time to eat, but not enough to go wandering through the city looking for something to eat (we don't want to finish the tournament late at night).

If, due to health/religion/etc. reasons someone needs special treatment with regards to food and drink, please let me know.

--------------------------

Registration

Padbar will be open starting 9:30, we will open registration as soon as we set up. A player needs to bring: a decklist (runner and corp, on the same sheet of paper, with player's name written so we have no problem assigning a decklist to its owner), signup fee cash (unless you paid by money transfer), registration card (link below, clear printouts will be available on site) and cash for dinner. You order your dinner at the registration card filling it with numbers in appropriate fields.

Registration card:
http://www.docdroid.net/dxan/karta-pol.pdf.html
http://www.docdroid.net/dxal/karta-eng.pdf.html

Players who want to use Store Championships winner's Super Bye certificate need to have the certificate with them.

The tournament

Tables will be numbered. Pairings will be displayed on a big screen. Each pair meets at their table and starts their game. I cannot guarantee that the clock will be visible from each place, so if you like to control the limit all the time, take your own watch. I will announce that the time starts running at the start of each round. We use standard, 65-minute time limit for the match. Every player will have a score tracking card. When a match is finished, players write down the score and one of them brings the cards near the computer so we can enter them into tournament software. During next round, cards will be given back to you around 10 minutes into playing, once we sort them, in case there's a very quick match which finishes before we do this, please wait a moment :)

Rules used

We will use Android: Netrunner rulebook and latest FAQ (minus the obviously wrong Demolition Run example) and tournament rules. I try to follow Lukas Litzsinger's rulings published online, but I cannot guarantee that I know them all, so if your deck relies heavily on one of them, please let me know before to be extra safe :) The rulebook, FAQ and tournament rules will be available on site, players are free to read them to their heart's content between rounds, but any rule questions arising during the game should be directed to me.

hsiale
Bürger

Beitrag von hsiale » Mo 30. Jun 2014, 07:30

During the tournament 36 players played 228 games of Netrunner. Thanks to everyone who came to play, I hope you had fun and will be back for the next tournament in Wroclaw. I already have some plans and hope to announce first details in a few weeks.

Tournament results: http://planszak.pl/ffg-planszakpl-andro ... n-133.html

Please let me know if there are any mistakes here. In more or less a week I will upload detailed results for all Swiss games and the decklists. If any of you has a tournament report or some photos, send me the info and we will link to it at our website.

Procf
Magier

Beitrag von Procf » Do 3. Jul 2014, 15:02

Hi,

Just a question: at what time did you start? When were you finished with the tournament?

Regards procf

hsiale
Bürger

Beitrag von hsiale » Do 3. Jul 2014, 20:13

We started 20 minutes late, at 10:50 (i.e. at that time I started the clock for the first round). The delay was mostly due to me forgetting about:
- updating tournament software so that it knew how to handle Super Byes (so I had to invent some way to hack the system and make the bye work),
- taking a computer mouse (so I had to work with touchpad which I'm not used to)

The Swiss went smoothly and we managed to make up for some of the delay, finishing round 6 around 18:40. As we wre nearly on schedule, I decided to give Top 8 some time to rest and we started elimination games at 19:15. The final (it was one game only) finished around 3 hours later at 22:15, with full 2 games we would finish around 23:00.

IMO the key things to run the Swiss rounds quickly are:
- having enough people - I had an assistant TO who is also a Netrunner player and this helped a lot, I also had the store owner to help in moments when workload was high,
- arranging for the food to be preordered and brought on site, thanks to this the food break was just 20 minutes but even those who went to time during the round before that break had enough time to eat.

hsiale
Bürger

Beitrag von hsiale » Mo 7. Jul 2014, 09:27

Top 8 decklists: http://netrunner.meteor.com/users/4KnPNG4Crse7Dehie

Full results: http://netrunner.galakta.pl/index.php?p=5&t=26

Polish Netrunner distributor has a website ranking Netrunner players according to tournament results, as this is by far the biggest tournament in the system so far, it had quite a big impact, you can see the current ranking here: http://netrunner.galakta.pl/index.php?p=2

Antworten

Zurück zu „Android: Netrunner Regionalmeisterschaften 2014“