German ANR Nationals?

Procf
Magier

Re: German ANR Nationals?

Beitrag von Procf » Do 10. Jul 2014, 21:33

Prop Joe hat geschrieben:
Procf hat geschrieben:If that kind of Rule would stand if someone challenged it at the European Court is highly questionable, giving that there is a strict no discrimination by birthplace rule in the EC. But considering the new Autobahn toll system, Germans might just not care about EC laws........
Don't mistake "birthplace" for "place where you live." If someone wasn't allowed to win the german nationals because he was born somewhere else, that would be discrminination, i agree. But that's not the case, a player "from germany/switzerland/austria" means that the player has to live in one of these countries at the moment.
but giving European laws i am pretty sure that you would have a hard time excluding citizen of other EC countries regardless of where they live. Like it or not.....

procf

Procf
Magier

Beitrag von Procf » Do 10. Jul 2014, 21:42

TEW hat geschrieben:Right. :roll:

It's a national championship. Not a european championship.

What's your point, really?
my point: while i have no problem with the current setting, i am pretty sure it is against the law......
this point came up during the last regional i played, so when i read thanatoses post i thought i'll just post my two cents, don't blame the messenger just because you don't like the message.

procf

Procf
Magier

Beitrag von Procf » Do 10. Jul 2014, 21:48

Thanatos hat geschrieben:Reading things like this let me think about changing our national championship in a closed one...
read this

Für Unionsbürger gilt das aus Art. 18 Satz 1 AEUV folgende Verbot der Diskriminierung aufgrund der Staatsangehörigkeit. Damit ist jegliche rechtliche Schlechterstellung des Unionsbürgers vor allem gegenüber einem Inländer, aber auch gegenüber anderen Ausländern (Drittstaatsangehörigen) untersagt. Im Umkehrschluss bedeutet dies, dass dem Unionsbürger jeweils die günstigste Rechtsposition zusteht, die einem beliebigen anderen aufgrund der Staatsangehörigkeit zustünde (sog. Meistbegünstigung). Damit wirken sich Privilegierungen aufgrund bilateraler Verträge indirekt auf alle Unionsbürger aus.

Thanatos
Erzmagier

Beitrag von Thanatos » Do 10. Jul 2014, 22:32

We are chosing the person, who will represent our country at the world championship. We are not discriminating people, but you will understand, that we won`t/can`t send a french (for example) as the german champion to the world championship.

This is normal in every championship.

This is no discrimination, cause you can take place in the tournament, but we are free to choose our represantative. If we like, we can do a tombola. But we decided to send the best placed german/austria/swiss player.

The other option is to run a closed german championship, only open to german/austria/swiss people, just like every national in sports. This ist NOT a german open!

Thanatos
Thanatos

Verschlinger der Seelen, Herr des Todes aber nicht mehr des Forums

Außerdem Mädchen für Alles und generell an Allem schuld! (Manches ändert sich halt nie!)

Thanatos
Erzmagier

Beitrag von Thanatos » Do 10. Jul 2014, 22:33

Procf hat geschrieben:
Thanatos hat geschrieben:Reading things like this let me think about changing our national championship in a closed one...
and you think this would change the discrimination by Birthplace issue? :roll:

Yes, it will, cause otherwise every national in every sport wil be illegal

Thanatos
Thanatos

Außerdem Mädchen für Alles und generell an Allem schuld! (Manches ändert sich halt nie!)

Thanatos
Erzmagier

Beitrag von Thanatos » Do 10. Jul 2014, 23:04

By the way:

This:

Für Unionsbürger gilt das aus Art. 18 Satz 1 AEUV folgende Verbot der Diskriminierung aufgrund der Staatsangehörigkeit. Damit ist jegliche rechtliche Schlechterstellung des Unionsbürgers vor allem gegenüber einem Inländer, aber auch gegenüber anderen Ausländern (Drittstaatsangehörigen) untersagt. Im Umkehrschluss bedeutet dies, dass dem Unionsbürger jeweils die günstigste Rechtsposition zusteht, die einem beliebigen anderen aufgrund der Staatsangehörigkeit zustünde (sog. Meistbegünstigung). Damit wirken sich Privilegierungen aufgrund bilateraler Verträge indirekt auf alle Unionsbürger aus.

is only important, if a state will run a championship (or searchs for employees for example)

This will have absolutly NO meaning, if a private person, a NGO or are private company runs an event.

Thanatos
Thanatos

ArgusDeadeye
Erzmagier

Beitrag von ArgusDeadeye » Do 10. Jul 2014, 23:11

Ahem, little reality check here, you are still discussing a tournament for a nice little card game right? Thanks to my job I'm used to people allways claiming their rights as citizen or human being (which is perfectly fine and I as a fellow citizen strictly support), but guys, it's about a card game. What's next, asking the EUGH to decide if it's up to the Heidelberger Spielverlag who they want to send to Worlds or if any EU citzen has the right to participate and battle for a free flight ticket (free meaning the company who also pays for the tournament paying the flight, too). What's with EU citizen who can't afford the tournament fee? Or transit from their home to the tournament? Maybe it should be their right to get everything paid to get there, too? What's with non-EU people, isn't it discriminating to ignore them at all?

Seems to me like the safest way to force any company to abandon any idea of such events for a few hardcore fans (who, cash-wise, most likely aren't THAT important) because of possible legal issues. :P

As I understand the ruling every human being, regardless of race, nationality, sex, religious believe and so on has the option to get to the nationals and win them, get the trophy and the glory. But Heidelberger chooses the best German/Austrian/Swiss participant to be their champion at worlds.

Getting the "discrimination-club" out of the box because of that? Seriously... guys... it's a card game. I cannot play soccer in the French national team at the world cup, which I thought was fine as I am no French and suck at soccer? Was I discriminated the whole time without getting it???

TEW
Erzmagier

Beitrag von TEW » Do 10. Jul 2014, 23:17

Procf hat geschrieben:my point: while i have no problem with the current setting, i am pretty sure it is against the law......
Your only point is provocation.

Maert
Späher

Beitrag von Maert » Do 10. Jul 2014, 23:41

Bild

I just wanted to know if I can come play in the tournament :mrgreen:

Do we have the official agenda? Is ANR going to be 1 or two day tournament? Or is it still not decided?

Thanatos
Erzmagier

Beitrag von Thanatos » Do 10. Jul 2014, 23:49

It will be a one day tournament on saturday, the 23. of august, BUT:

If all players, who made the cut, say, they want to continue the next day, we will make it a two day event. (If only one player says, he wants to play it in one day, it will be so)

Every full round we will ask again and it all players agree, we do the rest on sunday, otherwise we play the next round on saturday
Thanatos

Gesperrt

Zurück zu „Android: Netrunner - Das Kartenspiel DM“